In the summer heat, it was easy to take care of drinking enough to keep the body's fluid balance up, but when the days get colder, it's easy to forget about drinking water. The need for liquid is very individual and it is affected by your own physical activity as well as age and of course the temperature of the environment. However, the main rule is to drink 1-1.5 liters of water per day in addition to the liquid contained in the food. Drinking water regularly affects our energy levels, skin condition and gut, so it is one of the easiest ways to take a step towards healthier choices in life.
- Water helps us stay refreshed. Dehydration is a common cause of fatigue because it reduces coordination, concentration and reaction time. Dehydration also causes headaches.
- Drinking water keeps your blood pressure steady. Drinking too little water lowers blood pressure and weakens, for example, blood circulation in the legs. So it's good to get up every once in a while and get a glass of water.
- Drinking water promotes digestion by maintaining bowel function. You know you're getting enough water when your urine is clear throughout the day.
- Adequate drinking of water beautifies. Appropriate hydration helps the skin cells to remain soft and elastic. Weak fluid balance can be seen on the outside as dry skin, which also causes wrinkles to appear more easily.
- If you drink too little water, waste products start to accumulate in your body. Thanks to water, the body's waste products get going.
THIS IS HOW YOU EASILY INCREASE WATER DRINKING
- Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up
- Drink at least one glass of water with every meal
- Keep a water bottle with you. By drinking water from a bottle, you know how much you have drunk
- Use the app to remind you to drink water
- If the water tastes boring, you can easily flavor it with slices of lemon, lime, cucumber or orange. Cucumber and mint are a fresh flavor combination!